What is acne?
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that occur when hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. Its cause is multifactorial, which includes stress, genetics, hormonal, diet, medications, environment, and certain medical conditions.
What causes acne to happen?
- Increased sebum production
- Alteration in follicular growth and differentiation
- Colonization by P.acnes bacteria
- Inflammation and increased immune response
Acne Treatment Available
Prompt treatment of acne is necessary to prevent scarring. Delayed treatment or misuse of skincare may lead to severe scarring. Here, we provide stepwise approach to treat acne and scars as the following:
- Acne skin care products
- Facial and acne extraction
- Fotona StarWalker MaQX pico laser
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Intracel microneedling